Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Waiting for the big news!

We'll folks, it's been a few months. So much has happened since the last post on H's classes being done. We had our 2nd baby girl on 9/3/16 (which i'll do another posting on later about) and H applied to a good number of schools in state and a few out of state. We are waiting to hear back on some interviews. We got rejection a few weeks ago that really put my Husband in a rut. I think the fact that we haven't heard back from anyone is really getting to him. It's been 2 months since he's applied and he's getting nervous. We both are.

I hear more then likely won't hear back until after the holidays and it's already Thanksgiving tomorrow. My guess is that we won't hear back until sometime in January but who knows! I do my best and try to remind him about that but really, schools sometimes don't get back to you until April. I did some research and some articles say that you can actually call the schools admin office to check the status of your application. So hopefully H checks in January if we haven't heard anything. 

It's been really stressful. I try to be upbeat about the whole thing and reassuring to H but it's hard to be when you are just as stressed too. The unknown of next year if we get in or not is really annoying. Since I've been home with the kids from leave I feel like that's all I think about. I know H does too. Especially when his job is stressful and at a standstill. 

Whatever happens, happens I say. If we are here another year, it won't be the end of our lives. If anything, it'll be another year with our family and friends! It's hard to since H has been working none stop over the last 2 years on getting his school done to apply. He hasn't taken a break at all and he was worn out by the time he had to start actually completing the applications. Those applications are insane! Multiple papers you have to right for just one school.. And he applied to like 14 or so!! I don't know what's worse, working on the applications or waiting for a notice of an interview!!

The best I can do as a wife is support him in his decision. I can't be easy for him to follow his dreams after 2 kids, turning 30 this year and walking away from a job (which was temporary to being with)... From what I have witness during this whole trial is that God is watching out for us. He has lined up everything perfectly to get us where we are today. If we don't get it, the timing isn't right. He has bigger plans for us if that's the case. 'It's in God's hands'. BUT we need to do our part in this too. Spiritually, mentally and emotionally. We have been slacking on our religious responsibilities as parents and we need to make sure our girls know what's right from wrong and the blessings we get from when we follow our Savior's way. Sorry for the tangent, I've needed to say it :)

In the meantime, I can do my best to prepare our kids for what comes in the future. So much evil is out there and everyone needs to be prepared to face it in life. 

Since I'm terrible at updating this private, personal 'blog' of mine, I feel it necessary to make it a goal to do it weekly like a journal entry. If I don't do it on here I will do it in a written journal. Life is too short and I've noticed I don't record everything that our family has gone through. Especially when it comes to the cute little milestones of my girls. I want to record all of those memories!!

for the next posting, I'll do the birth story of our new addition baby girl 2! Until next time :)

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment