Sunday, May 17, 2015

2 down 3 to go!!

This is a really late post. This gives you an idea of my actual journal writing habits. Last entry was about 6 or so months ago? Typical me....

We'll 2 semesters down 3 more to go!! H's has just started his Summer semester. Biology 1 (online) and Organic Chem II (campus). After this semester he'll just have 2 left. Hopefully.... The last 2 semesters went by surprisingly quick! For BG and I anyway, H probably feel's differently. Those semesters were tough on us. He was gone 3-4 nights out of the week with rare times to see BG. We only had weekends to really do anything. Which I guess isn't too bad now since we have no idea what we are in for when he does get into medical school. 

Glad this semester he's only gone 2 nights out of the week. Although, he probably wouldn't admit it to me but I think he would rather take Bio 1 in class. From what he's told me, this class seems 
like it will stress him out more since it's online then Organic Chem II. Actually, that's not necessarily true. He recently expressed that his teacher might be a little too relaxed and might have to basically teach himself. So hopefully this semester isn't too straining on him. H isn't one to show anxieties easily but just before our Wasington DC trip (I'll get into that later) he was really feeling the pressures from work and school. I had to be the 'rock' that night and calm him down. We try to trade off when we are stressed and it was my turn to be the 'rock' this time.

Overall, he's really done an amazing job of balancing everything from working FT, Family, church callings, & night school. That night he freaked out was seriously the only time I really saw him feel pressured since he's started last year. He manages stress pretty well. I try not to expect him to be home but I have noticed that even with his crazy schedule, H really finds time to be with us. Always puts us first!

I'll get into our Washington DC trip now! As of right now, I am writing from our hotel in DC! It is literally located right behind the U.S. Capital Building. So awesome! I'll post pics at the bottom of this entry but we are here for a couple of days because of H's research conference. H is actually on his way back from a lecture and BG is napping in the bathroom in the hotel's pack n' play. Hey, don't judge! We are in the handicap room which has a huge bathroom. It's dark, roomy and a perfect setting for her to sleep. We just have to hold it at night until she wakes up! 

To revert back to H's research, he was approached a couple of months ago from one of his doctor's he works for, to help him with his research as an assistant. So now he is doing 80% secretarial work and 20% research. What an amazing opportunity! Not only is it great on H's med school application but he get's the chance to get published! Oh, and the added bonus of trips once in a while for all of us haha. Can't complain one bit :)


H has worked so hard to get recognized at work that It seemed to finally paid off. His doctors love him and his work ethic. I'm sure his interest in med school has also helped him get noticed too. I have to say though, about a month or so ago, he was approached by HR about a job position that would have been a little more on his paycheck. He declined it because of this recently research position. I was a little reluctant about that decision but I understood his research was a better opportunity for him to further his med school process.

I'm so excited for the opportunities he has in front of him. We still have quiet the journey ahead but I know we are following the right path because God has laid everything out perfectly for us. Seems to always work out when you are doing the right things in life when you put God in the picture. 

(Pictures Below are out of order. BG's first plane ride start towards the bottom and our first day of touring the Jefferson Memorial are at the bottom too. There are also images on H's phone that I will add later.)


The view from our hotel room. Might not see this as a view but if we had a bigger window, you would be able to see the Capitol Building to the right! 

BG finding a good place to play


Here too in the tub



The top of the Capital dome was under construction. Still an amazing site to see


Food trucks galore! 


BG has been so adventurous with food on this trip! She's had Gyros, Falafel & Swarma (not spelled  right..)


BG was too distracted to look at the camera




She's almost 19mo and has an attitude already. Doesn't like us holding her hand & just runs off! Need to get a leash for this girl








She loved the bear!


Fishy, fishy, fishy!!


H looking great and just leaving for his first day at the convention


Thought this was too cute... Having a moment with herself


Tried to swim with the new floaty we bought for this trip but she refused to wear it in the in actual pool


BG's room/bathroom


Airport pictures





She loved the plane ride


If you look closely you can see the George Washington Monument 


Below images are of us on the first day at the Jefferson Memorial



She loves pointing at my big nose


What other husband crawls around on a bench with their daughter??! Love him!



Poor image of the GW Monument from my phone


Roaming the halls and waiting for 'Dada'



To be continued....


No comments:

Post a Comment